- 1 Top 5 Android Emulators for PC & Mac 2017
- 1.1 What is an Emulator
- 1.2 List of Top 5 Android Emulators for PC
Top 5 Android Emulators for PC & Mac 2017
You need an Android Emulator If you want to install any android mobile app on your PC. An emulator allows you to download applications from Google Play and run it on your Windows PC or Mac. In today’s post, we will suggest best 5 Android Emulators for PC which you can download for free.
So whether you want to download your favorite gaming app subways surfer for PC or the communication app WhatsApp on PC, you must download an android emulator on your PC first.
There are large no. of android emulators available on the internet and many new come everyday. But finding out how many of these emulators are safe for your PC is a difficult task. While some of them don’t have required features, some others consume large PC resources that slows down your PC. A lot of them contain virus that may corrupt the operating system of your PC as well.
We at Tentaken have all these factors into account and created a list of the top 5 android emulators for PC which are safe to install, easy to use and have unique features.
We have handpicked these emulators and arranged in no particular order. Hence, you can chose to download any of these based on your preference.
What is an Emulator
According to Wikipedia
In computing, an emulator is hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system.
and if you talk about Android Emulator, it is required to run the android apps on Windows PC or Mac. In general, Android emulators are app players that provide android apps a framework to run on. For example, if you want to play any music file, you need a music play to play the music file. Similarly to run android app you must have android emulator installed on the PC.
With android emulator, you can download and install your favorite mobile game app on the PC which is more convenient than playing on a smartphone. Moreover the apps like WhatsApp, SnapChat, Periscope are more fun if they can be installed on PC.
You can get all the android apps for PC with android emulator within seconds and use it right away. I had to get Periscope for PC as its more convenient to use periscope on PC. You can use keyboard to type messages faster and accurately, you can mouse and the biggest advantage – you can use it on a bigger screen !
List of Top 5 Android Emulators for PC
We have done this time consuming and difficult task of searching best android emulators for PC on our reader’s behalf. They can download any of these emulators for PC, all are good. We have created this list after research and arranged in no particular order. Take a look:
There is no special reason as to why we are discussing Bluestacks at first spot, its just I use Bluestacks on my PC and I am used to of it. This award winning android emulator have several interesting features that you may find missing in other Emulators. Bluestacks was awarded in CES 2012. It runs all the app quite nicely, whether its a small app or a heavy gaming app.
Features of BlueStacks:
- Free to download and use.
- Google Play Integration – You can download apps directly from Google Play store.
- Easy to use User interface
- It supports multiple operating systems
- Easy installation of 3rd party’s android app apk. Double click .apk file and installation will begin.
- Bluestacks2 has TV integration.
- Offline installer available
The other great Android emulator in my list of best emulators is Andyroid. This stunning software can quickly be installed on your PC and let you play all your games and communication app from your mobile phone to Desktop.
Andyroid was born back in 2011 and since then, it has attracted lots of people from around the world. Better known was Andy, it has been downloaded by several thousand times and the numbers are growing.
Unlike other android emulators, Andy allows you to use your Mobile phone as a joystrick for playing games on PC that makes playing games on pc more entertaining than ever before. Andy also offers you unlimited cloud storage to keep your apps and is available to download on Windows PC as well Mac.
Features of Andyroid:
- Very easy to download and install.
- Available for FREE to download for Windows PC as well as Mac.
- Easy user interface makes it convenient to use.
- Unlimited Storage to download as much apps you want
- Use your mobile phone as Joystrick for playing games on PC.
- Smooth integration of Mobile phone with Desktop PC / Mac.
- Run all your communication apps such as Snapchat, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Kik from your computer.
- Google Play store integration so that you can download any Android app of your choice with just one click.
- Receive notification of WhatsApp Messages or other app on DESKTOP.
Also see: Xbox 360 emulator for Windows PC
#3- Nox App Player
If you are looking for emulator primarily because you want to play Android mobile games on PC, there is no better android emulator than Nox App Player. However, it is good for other kind of apps as well weather is a Picsart photo editor or communication apps like WhatsApp, SnapChat etc.
But the specialty of Nox App Player is gaming apps. It is smooth and faster than other android emulators that offers great gameplay experience.
With 60 frames per second faster, you wouldn’t notice the screen being stuck even for the games wherein the frames change faster such as Asphalt car racing game.
You can either use Keyboard as a game controller or the Joystrick if you are use of it.
Features of Nox App Player:
- Choose Nox App player’s skin of your choice, there is many to choice from.
- FREE to download.
- Available for Windows as well as Mac
- Best emulator if your motive is to play android games on Desktop.
- Blazing faster and smooth.
- 60fps gives you ultimate gameplay experience.
- Use Keyboard or Joystick as game controller.
- Download and install any android app on your PC with Google Play store integration.
Youwave is yet another great choice for those who are looking for the best android emulators for PC. There are two versions of Youwave, FREE and Premium. It supports Android lollypop 5.1 and available for installation on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.
Its SD card integration feature allows you to store apps in SD and save space on your PC. Hence, youwave is a great choice in case your computer runs out of disk space yet you want to get android apps on desktop.
Features of Youwave:
- Free to download (have premium version too)
- Available for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
- Support SD Card so that you could store app in it.
- Very Easy to use.
- Google Play store integration for quick app download
- Supports Android lollypop 5.1
Remix OS Player
If you are looking for best android emulators for PC specially to download gaming apps and play, then Remix OS Player is yet another great choice. Remix OS player can be downloaded to Windows PC as well as Mac free of cost.
According to the company website, Remix OS Player is the most advanced Android Emulator for PC. The emulator needs Windows 7 or the latest version, it wouldn’t work for Windows Vista or XP.
The emulator is so good that it allows you to play two games at the same time. It is free to download including all future updates. It works with MarshMallow version of Android. You will have to enable Virtualisation technology from BIOS settings to use Remix OS Player on PC.
Features of Remix OS Player:
- Free to download including all future updates
- Easy to use.
- Most advanced android emulator for PC for gaming apps
- Good for Android MarshMallow
- Work on Virtualisation technology and need it enabled from BIOS
- Wouldn’t support AMD Chipset.
- Google Play store integration to download apps with one click.
- It uses Android Studio technology.